Sorry - continuing last message...Leica could have continued to sell parts like negative carriers and lenses for their various enlargers and earned something from it. Moreover they should have continued to do so even if it were just rebranding some other manufacturer's products that maintain the functionality of all those Ic, IIc and V35 users out there stuck with machines lacking industry standard solutions. That's my 2 cents. I have a IIc which I managed to 'upgrade' with Schneider Componon 100 and 60mm lenses but it was quite a kerfuffle. I also managed to get a Schneider 40mm APO HM to focus correctly on my V35 (which I acquired lensless) but I just seem to have been very lucky there.

Adrian, Your Focotar II is one of the best enlarging lenses ever made. It is not a Tessar design, but a five-element lens. You can have it cleaned right there in the UK by Alan Starkie of Camera Works UK. He cleaned by Focotar and literally made it new. It is well worth it. That lens in good condition constantly sells for upwards of $200. Lot of mis-information here about that lens. It is rare and as good an enlarging lens as you will ever find..believe me. Robbie

Well, I see that your lens may not be a Focotar II. It does not matter. A clean first version Focotar is still a great lens. I use them all the time. I have for many years. It is still well worth getting cleaned.

Thanks Robbie, I’ve actually got three different types of 50mm Focotar lens including the Focotar-2. I did eventually find a place to clean them and they sparkle especially with the Focomat condenser lighting. The Schneider built 50 and the Leica Focotar-2 are similarly great whilst the old 5cm originals are not impressive by the standards of any 6 element lens built since the 1970s.

• 2 years later...
On 3/9/2023 at 4:52 PM, eduardo_barriga said:

Hello. I am looking for the small screw as missing in the 1C enlarger. The photo shows the place where this screw is attached. Anybody can help me?

Thank you very much EDUARDO

Eduardo, I have this screw and you can have it at the cost of postage from The Netherlands. Send me a private message . . .

Michael

Hello Michael, unfortunately this forum is very confusing and different from other forums and I couldn't find where to make a private message to you. Thank you very much for your offer. I would like vou to please send me the screw to Miami Florida since I am going to be there for a couple of months. Why don't you write to my email which is edubarca1946@gmail.com and I can give full address. Again thank you so much and all the very best, EDUARDO