anyone recognize this film ?

jasonluttrell

I think its 120 film.

No, 120-roll film isn't perforated. And the paper backing/spool is part of the "120" spec (it would never have bare film sticking out).

I'd guess that it's probably 70mm. Measure the width; 70mm is VERY close to 2.75 inch.

As a note, 70mm film used to come in various configurations. I spent a few years with long-roll portrait cameras; the ones I used took 100 ft rolls of unperforated 70mm; I'd go through maybe 2 or 3 rolls per week.

What you have looks to me like a cartridge-loading setup, possibly for a Hasselblad 70mm back (or maybe a Graflex back). If you do a search for that, it should confirm things. If it IS 70mm, it's much shorter than 100 ft judging by the diameter of the roll.

Can i assume it's not exposed if some of the film is still sticking out like with 35mm film?

I couldn't say one way or the other; best bet is probably ask the person you got it from.

I wouldn't even be confident about "unknown" 35mm film. For example, even if the end has never been in a camera it's possible that the previous owner has a curious child who pulled the film out to look at it (then wound it back in).

If you develop your own film you COULD try pulling out a foot or two of film and develop it (you have to do this in the dark). If it has been fogged, or otherwise used, you'd expect it to show something. If unused it should be perfectly clear.

I couldn't say one way or the other; best bet is probably ask the person you got it from.

I wouldn't even be confident about "unknown" 35mm film. For example, even if the end has never been in a camera it's possible that the previous owner has a curious child who pulled the film out to look at it (then wound it back in).

If you develop your own film you COULD try pulling out a foot or two of film and develop it (you have to do this in the dark). If it has been fogged, or otherwise used, you'd expect it to show something. If unused it should be perfectly clear.

Thanks for the response. The person who owned it passed away. I think im just going to try and process a foot or so like you suggested.