Busch Pressman Model C with a 620 Adapt-a-roll

tom_knoebel

20190820_173529_Film3.thumb.jpg.b62df546a9ccb98362fda632bcb75c48.jpg 20190820_171540_Film3.thumb.jpg.d6e4dff843dc353ad3ec72dc5c742000.jpg I found this camera cheap on the FB marketplace. Put a lens on it from an old Kodak 620 folder. I am focusing on the ground glass and using F8.0 as an aperture. First roll with Tmax 400 self developed with d-76. First photos multiple exposed trying to figure out the number counter on the adapt-a-roll. Lost some shots not seating the adapt-a-roll properly to light leakage. The 2 photos of LaSalle and RV seem to better focused on the edges. I set the lens at infinity and the used the camera focus to move the bellows to fine focus.

I think I just need to keep shooting to practice and maybe a better lens that is fixed? Pictures are posted as an attachment.

img362.thumb.jpg.06a18f6a5b96695dea3e46f4d29bb9c8.jpg

img363.thumb.jpg.0d0126c6aca068ba64f4ecbc350a7598.jpg

img364.thumb.jpg.e85fa8dc69498e7891ad1f8ea19bd18e.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
The little Busch is a nice camera - about all you can compare it to is the Century Crown Graphic. In many ways the Busch is a nicer build, but the Century Crown does have a built-in Graflok back. To me a big plus which more more than offsets the fact that the Century Crown is made out of Mahoganite plastic. I had a Busch that I adapted a Mamiya Universal Press G back to which made a nice outfit. But given that the G backs are now going for about $150 it made a very expensive outfit. One thing that you can do with any of these 2 1/4 x 3 1/4 cameras with a Graflok back is use a Horseman revolving back. Makes it very easy to switch between the ground glass focusing screen and the roll film back. But bulky. Oh well, nothing is perfect. But will hang on to my two Century Crown Graphics for when I feel the need for a miniature field camera. Actually, my introduction to this format was a Horseman 980 that I got at an estate sale for very little $$ (they had no idea of it's value) - with 3 lenses and 2 horseman backs. The Horseman was really nice and got me into small field cameras. But I ended up selling it for a for fair price which allowed me to fund a variety of low budget projects. I think in the end the key to enjoying any of these small cameras is a Graflok or equivalent back (the Horseman has the functional equivalent) that makes it easy to switch between the ground glass and the roll film back. Cheers