Information from Ilford

pete_watkins

Pete, I believe that you have taken that quotation out of context. The question was probably related to whether, or not Ilford was going to follow Kodak's lead and change their B&W emulsions, again, in the near future. Thank goodness, they aren't planning on doing that. The present generation of Ilford B&W emulsions are the best in the business. I hope they don't mess around with them. However, if they do decide to tweek them, I'm sure the result will be an improvement. Can't say the same for Kodak.(yes, I'm wearing my fire retardent underwear).

You are a brave man Ken Hughes..... :)

I have the Black and White Photography mag in front of me: Kodak UK reports "very significant increase in B&W sales ... among UK professionals" [which presumably means for MF and above size film].

Ilford, although reporting increased film sales reports that it will concentrate future investment on its inkjet papers as, "At some stage in 2003 more than 50% of our business will come from inkjet as more and more shifts at Mobberley [where Pan F, HP5 Plus and XP-2 are produced] move to inkjet". Then comes the comment about no new B&W emulsion.

Of course, all this needs to be passed through the hype & marketing filters first...