Anyone tried using a 120 insert in 220 Bronica back?

jo_dad

Do we have a definitive answer to the question:

Will everything work fine if I use a 120 insert with 120 film in a 220 back on my Bronica SQ-AI?

I found a lot of posts with people talking about the possibilities and the technicalities but no answer for sure.

Has anyone done this and does it work? That is the question,

Just looked at my SQ-B. The clamshell around the insert doesn't know what it surrounds. All the spacing, etc specific to 120/220 film is contained in the insert itself.

Thanks C Watson. Hoping someone has actually tried it.

Will everything work fine if I use a 120 insert with 120 film in a 220 back on my Bronica SQ-AI?

If you fit a 120 insert into a 220 back, it's not a 220 back anymore, it suddenly becomes a 120 back

Only the inserts are 120 or 220, and they are interchangeable with the same clamshell

The two differences with the inserts are: 1) the positions of the film pressure plates and: 2) the frame counters

The position of the 220 film pressure plate is further forward than the 120 to allow for the lack of backing paper

• Like 1

If you fit a 120 insert into a 220 back, it's not a 220 back anymore, it suddenly becomes a 120 back

Only the inserts are 120 or 220, and they are interchangeable with the same clamshell

This makes me happy :)

Thanks for the comments guys!

• Like 1