Tamron Adaptall??

rick_b3

I was looking at a Tamron lens on offer on ebay (see link below // please note that I am not in any way connected to the seller - just reminiscent of an old lens I used to own!!) and the seller indicates that the earlier lenses are not compatible with the Adaptal Mount II. Whether Adapt-a-matic mounts are the same as Adaptal Mount, that I do not know!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=11720&item=2911884608&rd=1

I am really hoping someone will post an answer to your question Rick!

I have done a few searches on this and have not found an answer. I

would just like to know how to positively identify which is which, and

if they are backward/forward compatible with the Tamron lenses.....

I have an old Tamron SP manual focus lens I would like to get an

Olympus adaptall (II?) mount for, but don't know if its a 'II' or not and

how to tell the difference or if it even matters. Can ANYONE answer or point to a web page that has

this info? I couldn't find it on the Tamron site either.

Thanks.

I sent an e-mail to Tamron a week ago and never heard back from them (not very good customer service), also sent an e-mail to an online vendor, I hope to hear back from them in the next couple of days, if I do i'll post what the response was

Tamron Adaptall-2 mounts are more modern, simpler, and support more cameras than the original Adaptall mounts. I have HEARD that the original Adaptall mounts are USUALLY compatible with the Adaptall-2 lenses, and vice versa, but Tamron never guaranteed it because there were some problems. To be safe, one should use the Adaptall-2 mounts with the Adaptall-2 and SP lenses.

BTW, I have a few more Olympus OM and Nikon AI Adaptall-2 mounts than I need for my own use, so I would sell these for $16 each plus shipping, if you are interested. I could also spare 1 Pentax K Mount, as well as one for Leica R-series (that one would be $50, though - Leica mounts are as over-priced as Leica cameras). Contact me via my e-mail if you'd like to buy one of these.

I DON'T have any Canon FD mounts to sell - They are very hard to find.

I have an even more simplistic question. I have a Tamron 28-200 AF Aspherical LD f/3.8-5.6 (IF)zoom lens with a Pentax K-mount. I bought this within the past 5 years and it does work on auto focus. Question is; Is this an adaptall lens? And can I use it on my Canon A-1 by merely unscrewing something and putting on a Canon FD adaptor? Or do I have to keep the economy rolling by buying an entire new rig.

BTW, looking through all of my Adaptall-2 mounts, I can also spare to sell 1 or 2 Minolta MD Mounts. So if anyone needs one of these, the ones I have spares that I'd sell include:

Nikon AI (also, F-mount compatible w/prong), Olympus OM, Pentax K, & Minolta MD. Those would each be $16 plus shipping. Leica R would be $50 + shipping.

These are basically the same prices as you might find them on the well known 4-letter auction house.

I received the adaptall today, with a little coaxing it fit right on the lens, went on the camera with no problem whatsoever, the meter is working so I loaded a roll of film in the camera, I have taken a few photos and will report back when I have them developed, i'll keep everybody posted how the photos turned out.

Rick

• 1 month later...