Mamiya RZ67 repairing issue

nimandrose

Hello, I need some help with overexposure line on the half of the photographs, I'm making with my Mamiya RZ67. It happens with both lenses, I'm using. Unfortunately, I have only one film back, to compare results with another. It would be a miracle to find out the reason of this issue and repair my camera.

IMG03610.thumb.jpg.23e22517c15ebccb0c4ca69d1a537acf.jpg

IMG03650.thumb.jpg.3fe8cc6bb5b1915a129ef8aa5655e89d.jpg

IMG03655.thumb.jpg.97cabfe2a20468360479b4c42a683626.jpg

It looks as if the fogging continues outside the frame area - does it?

If so it's a light leak in the camera. Located bottom left of the camera body or magazine back. (The image is inverted by the camera lens.)

Beyond that, it's pretty much impossible to diagnose further by remote control - unless someone else has had the exact-same issue and knows where to look for it.

BTW, you can post images inline here, rather than link to external huge files.

It looks like a light leak to me. I had an RZ67 Pro I and had a similar issue. I replaced the foam seals. It's not difficult. You can find kits on eBay. You might have to get a sheet of foam and cut the strips with a razor blade. If you decide to get a second film back it's worth the $ to get the Pro II back. It doesn't have the foam. When I replaced my Pro I system with a Pro II system, the first thing I noticed was the increase in the prices for the film backs :( It's a great camera worth the TLC from time to time.