I understand how stuipd this sounds. I just bought a Bronica 2x

Teleconvertor "E" used. It came with no manuals. Straightforward

enough, I thought. I mount the lens to the teleconvertor, and then

the teleconvertor to the camera. Seems to work fine, shutter

releases, etc. No problem. Then I go to take the lens off the

convertor. ????? I twist, and nothing happens. Does anyone know the

propper procedure?

Thanks!!

Sorry Jason, there does'nt seem to be much about Bronica teleconvertors on these threads, its all ext-tubes, but I would have thought the principle would be the same. Try this one (for the SQ), it looks like a slightly different approach.

http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=003oX2

Otherwise its a phone call to their Service-Dept. I can give you their number in the UK. They are usually helpful.

This is an 'off the top of my head suggestion' and I don't own a converter or tubes for my ETRSi, so forgive me if this idea is no use.

You'll know that you cannot remove a lens from the camera with the shutter uncocked and the film not wound on - that's because once the shutter is fired the mirror is left in the up position, (with of course the lens shutter left closed) - so if the lens could come off you'd have a clear path through to the film and it would be fogged.

Winding on lowers the mirror and cocks the shutter. The interlock system then allows you to remove the lens as the light path to the film is then blocked so no fogging can occur.

I wonder if your converter cannot be removed from the lens because you removed the two pieces as a single unit and the interlock between the two optics makes them 'think' that they're on an unwound-on camera.

Try attaching the converter/lens combination to the camera, then remove the lens from the converter, then the converter from the camera in that sequence.

Trevor Littlewood.

On my TC PE the instructions are to remove lens and TC from camera. Then you must move the cocking pin on the base of the TC manually to the green dot. At that point you depress the lens release button also located on the base and turn the lens clockwise at the same time. It should be the same for yours I believe. It is a little confusing until you see it work.