HASSELBLAD X-PAN (panoramic) negative and scanning ...

jean_pierre_auger1

I have a multi-format scanner that can scan a hassy X-Pan in one pass,BUT, if I divide the chrome into two different scans and use the 35mm format, the quallity will be much better because then I get two HIGH definition scans which I can stitch together instead of one scan with a lower definition. So I recomend you to do two seperate scans. With the 65x24 format it is REALLY easy to stitch the two scans together.You don't even need any stitching software, just make sure that both scans have the same sized folder and the same scanner adjustments. Just open a new folder to the size of the full 65x24 format and paste in the two 35x24 scans. They will overlap and one will be behind the other, so it is very easy to line them up and stitch them together. All color corrections and cropping, etc,must be done after the stitching so that you have a uniform color rendition. Of course you must have Photoshop. FWIW, alex. P.S. the photo of the girl with the dog in my portfolio was done this way. FWIW.