nikon lens

marvin_cantos

Any Nikon mount whether AF or MF will fit your camera. Personally, I would buy a Nikon 28mm f1.8 AF, so that you can use the AF in you need. There is also something like the Nikon 24-120 AF, which is a wide angle to short telephoto zoom. So, your camera will mount Ai, AiS, AF, and AF-d lenses. The new AF_S lenses will not work. I dont know about G lenses.

Marvin,

Don't attempt to mount any non-AI lenses that have NOT been modified to the AI system. The aperture coupling ring on the body could be damaged by the solid base of the non-AI aperture ring. If you look at the back of the aperture ring on one of the lenses you use with your N4004s, you will see that it is not uniform like the front of the lens where the filter attaches. On a non-AI lens, the back of the aperture ring is uniform.

Since the N4004s lacks mirror lockup, avoid any lens that requires the mirror to be locked up.

Any F mount lens not covered by the above can safely be mounted on your N4004s.

You will lose matrix metering with AI and AIS lenses, but you will still have center weighted metering.

With AF-S lenses, you will lose auto focus, all other functionality is retained.

Since the N4004s uses a wheel on the body to control the aperture, G lenses will work as intended.

The N4004s does not support VR, it lacks the required focus sensors.

I hope this helps.

Vernon