KODAK 14N Camera

jack_malipan

Any thoughts on that (supposedly) beauty of an allrounder? Sounds like a winner

and I cant wait to get my hands on some solid info.

Could I use it for model agency portfolio shoots straight up, with a powerbook and

fluorescent light banks?

I enlarge only up to 24x30 cm(10x12in).

Jack,

I have the Kodak Pro back Plus which has a square chip with 4080 x 4080 pixel resolution. This back produces a 13.5" x 13.5" image at 300 dpi.

The Kodak 14N has a 35mm ratio chip with 4536 x 3024 pixel resolution. This chip should be able to produce a 13.5" image at slightly more than 300 dpi.

So the answer to your question is yes you should be able to 10x12 output at very close to 300 dpi. More than enough resolution for your needs even with slight cropping to achieve a 10x12 enlargement.

Go to the Kodak website for more info. www.Calumetphoto.com also has product information and specs on the 14N.

The big question is when will this camera will be released and available for purchase.

hi guys.

there are three units of the Kodak 14n here in manila. they arrived last month, and were flaunted in our mini-version of your photokina. i don't know why they were released here earlier than the US, or tokyo/hk for that matter. i don't know anyone who could afford it here. it costs abt US$6,900. i didn't ask if that included an int'l warranty already.

In addition to oskars link to those kodak samples, i've just been looking at the japanese sample images and in terms of detail and tones this little beauty looks like a sure winner for just 5000 dollars, replacing my 35mm (contax!) totally and my 645 (mamiya) in some situations. There's just one little thing bothering me: having a very close look at some more saturated colours at full size, especially the red, there seems to be some 'bleeding' of colour to adjacent areas. Also looking at the separate cmyk channels there's some slightly messy areas colour capture wise. That's the only thing keeping me from ordering yet and really hope this is the main reason the launch was postponed, all else and specs seem just perfect for its league. Let's keep a close eye on what comes out...