Canon T70 ?

bob_mohrbacher1

Bob,

Although I own cameras other than the T-70 (T-90, A-1, AL-1), my shutterbug pal at work has one. She bought it used off of eBay (around $90 with a 50mm f/1.8 and a real Canon 28mm f/2.8 - good deal). She uses it to photograph wildlife (mostly birds) and general stuff. I have handled and shot the camera and made her a long (very) extension for her shutter release cord. The camera feels good in the hand. It appears to be quite sturdy and accepts all the FD lenses and accessories (including eyepiece accessories from A- and EOS cameras). It has been very reliable for her and, with multiple AE options and full manual, it takes the same good pictures as all the other FD cameras. You can see a lot more detail at:

http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/companies/canon/fdresources/SLRs/t70/index.htm

I owned one for 10 years and sold it when I went to EOS. The T-70 was the first Canon camera with an LCD. It will run forever on 2 AA batteries. It has a variety of program modes and manual as well. It is a rugged,sturdy and well made camera and I found it to be very reliable. You can use A series and T series flashes with the camera and of course, all FD lenses.