What camera(s) are you using this weekend?

JDM, I'm a bit jealous of your ownership of a Pentacon Super, or I would have been 20 years or so ago!

I've never seen one to handle. I believe only a few thousand were made, and the f/1.4 lens that went with it may have only existed in mythology. - I see yours is fitted with the f/1.8 Pancolar.

I no longer have any interest in shooting that ridiculous film stuff, but a Pentacon Super might tempt me back into sticking a cassette of FP4plus through it. Just for old time's sake.

I can't imagine the results would look a jot different from my Nikon F2A + f/1.4 Nikkor, but it would be interesting to see if any lens difference shone through the halide grit.

Weekend plans fell through due to the heat wave we're suffering on this side of the World Pond. Still have a roll of DX in the Leica IIIc, so I only need to find something interesting to photograph.

http://www.flibweb.nl/flibweb/cpg143/albums/userpics/10001/shotsofwar.jpg

Edited by Rick_van_Nooij
  • Like 2

My choice depends on weather and how I get around. If I drive and park where walking is possible, I will likely be using the SRT 101 I mentioned earlier. I will have my Rollei B35 along as well. If I'm able to do some cycling, I'll either have one of my fixed lens rangefinders (Konica Auto S2, Minolta HiMatic 7S, or Olympus 35RC) or a lightweight SLR and normal lens (like Konica TC-X, Ricoh KR-5 Super II, or Yashica FX-3 Super 2000)

I haven't shot much film at all lately, but I still keep purchasing new-old film cameras. Film has become tedious and expensive to get processed in my area, which is both discouraging and a bit depressing. Plus, I've become somewhat obsessed with my 'new-to-me' Canon 5D3 of late. At any rate, I loaded film into a shiny 'new' Pentax ME Super and hope to get out and get some shots with it. Not sure when I'll get it developed, but when I do, I'll post some pics.

Andy

I'm off to a 2week trip to Bavaria. traveling light w. my Contax 139 (another great "bargain" purchase from KEH), Zeiss 28 mm distagon w. T/C as principal walk around kit, Vivitar Series 1 19-35 in case I need wider. Maybe take its little brother Yashica FX-D as well (only weighs 1 lb). Porta 160 and 400.

I just bought a Contax 139 Quartz. My first ever Contax. It shows moderate wear, but somebody replaced the leatherette already, which always disintegrates on these cameras. More important, everything works as it should. Unfortunately, the camera did not come with a Contax lens. Next best scenario, though, it came with a Tamron lens, so now I have a Tamron adaptall-2 mount for Contax/Yashica that I can use with my rather large collection of Tamron lenses. So it's all good. I've been having fun so far trying my 139 Q with my Tamron SP 90mm macro and SP 17mm ultra-wide. I think I'll try a couple of zooms next. This is a very nice little camera. It has the silkiest film wind action I've ever experienced and a very smooth shutter operation. Just a lot of fun to shoot with.

Finished the Eastman 5222 in the Rollei 35 this morning and developed this afternoon. Had to use a silver oxide battery instead of zinc air (which gives spot on meter readings). Had to reset ISO from 250 to 100 to get readings that agreed with other meters. Apparently it worked as the negatives looked fine. Probably will save these for the next thread since I've already posted a fair number.

Tomorrow I'm taking my Minolta XD-5 with 45mm f2 MD Rokkor. Probably with some Panatomic-X.

• Like 1

Finished the Panatomic-X in the XD-5 so it's back to the Minolta SRT 101. Also running a roll through my Rollei B35. It is much lighter than the 35 and 35S, but stopped down a stop or two its Triotar 40mm f3.5 performs well. On the modern front I'm testing a roll of Kentmere 100 in my Pentax ZX-7.

I REALLY HATE this V2.2 "time out" feature & the fact is has not been fixed in over 6 months now!

[ATTACH=full]1194114[/ATTACH] For the 24th & 25th, it's onto The Bus & romping around the Honolulu areas. Aloha, Bill

Hello Bill

Will the Industar 22 fit the Fed2?

Thanks

Don

Depending on my current mood I might use the OGA Solida Record, a dual-format-camera for 120-type-film.

Plan is to use the 4x4-finder and the films numbering for 4x4/4.5x6-format without the mask for 4x4-images to get overlapping 6x6-frames for some nice panoramic images.

First tests with my OGA Solida Record last year were everything but promising, but this can't stop me ;-)

35330954420_6acb29e5e8_c.jpgOGA Solida Record by Georg, auf Flickr

34876754544_0469bbb144_c.jpgOGA Solida Record by Georg, auf Flickr

Shot with SL66 and Planar 80/2.8, stopped down a wee bit, as you can tell looking at the pentagon-shaped highlights.

• Like 1