Hasselblad–fit digital backs

korin

"Combined with a high–end 2000x3000 pixel back, the DigiFlex is capable of full-frame 24x36mm capture."

6 megapixels! When did that dinosaur roam the earth?

If you can get it for next-to-nothing it might be fun to play with. As a serious tool I wouldn't give it consideration. Most Nikon lenses will only cover the 135 format, and modern Hasselblad digital backs use a larger format sensor.

The price of any decently specified 'blad back will likely be far higher than, say, a D810. So you'd end up paying more for a body and sensor combination that had less functionality.

If you want to use a 'blad back, the logical thing to do would be to buy a 'blad body and lenses IMO.

I have the 810. What i am curious about is if new Hassy compatible digi backs would fit this. This would be an interesting bit of kit if they did. The 6mpix is i think what was available when produced.

The blurb for the Digiflex II claims it'll take any Hasselblad fitting digital back, but the issue of lens coverage still remains.

What would be the point of fitting a 50 Mp 44x33mm sensor if only 36 megapixels of it were useable?

As an aside: Why does nobody makes a so-called "medium format" digital with a built-in tilt/shift lens mount?

Yeh i understand the IC. The film gate may be an issue. They must of used Nikon flange distance. I to thought that the bigger backs must fit. It may look like an orphan camera but there may be some millage in it.

What would be the point of fitting a 50 Mp 44x33mm sensor if only 36 megapixels of it were useable?

There is no problem with lens coverage for the CFV50c back. The 44x33 mm sensor fits well inside the 6x6 cm frame, which is covered easily by Hasselblad lenses.

The CFV50c has the option of limiting the image to a square format, which trims the 50 MP maximum to 36 MP. You can use the full 50 MP, but most easily in the horizontal format (landscape). A square Hasselblad is not easy to use on its side, but not impossible. The CFV50c is thinner than my CFV16, so a 90 degree prism will now fit for use at eye level. Secondly there are L-brackets (e.g., RRS) which allow you to use the camera in that orientation on a tripod.