Anyone heard of this co. offerig the Canon 1DS for $ 4350 ?

jaykelly

I've been shopping around for a 1D or 1Ds and came across this

website with the following seemingly impossible prices:

Canon EOS 1D $ 2599.00

Canon EOS 1DS $ 4350.00

The co. is at http://www.productdeluxe.com/ so of course I'm

wondering about their reputation. Has anyone dealt with them? They

offer escrow which is reassuring. Any info would help.

Thanks,

Jay Kelly

LMAO!! Judging by the fact that they are hosting their site for $19 a month using a template shopping cart, I'd be absolutely surprised if you actually got what you ordered.

They have only a minimum grasp of the english language, if you read anything on their site. How about if you be the guinea pig and report back!

Be leary of any shopping site using Microsoft FrontPage!

I needed a good laugh tonight. Seriously, though, according to the site, they offer Escrow service for all orders over $3000 (using Escrow.com, which is a reputable site / service). On the other hand, I, like many others, have learned that if a deal sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Jay, please let us know if you contact the company or come across any other information.

Hey kiddies, get a look at this: <a href="http://www.productdeluxe.com/40.htm">"their photo"</a> for the 1Ds. Notice the "Unique photo" watermarked in the middle? This gets funnier by the minute. Now, what does Unique Photo use? <a href="http://www.uniquephoto.com/index.php?expand=&detail=2026">

This</a>. Yep thats the same picture. But still, order 20 with an Escrow and sell them on Ebay. Get right quick scheme? Look's like Product Deluxe has their own scheme.

At the moment Ebay is also flooded with people offering the EOS-1D, 1Ds and D60 for unbelievable low prices. I don't know if this happens in the US too, but here in Europe they are offered constantly.

What happens? 1. You send your money. 2. That's it. Nothing more happens. The people are just looking for photographers who want a free lunch, although they do know that there is no such thing as a free lunch.

To make the seller look more reliable, they offer money to people with an Ebay account with lots of positive feedback, to (ab)use their account. Have a look at these sellers. You'll see that they may have 200 positive feedbacks. If you then have a look at these transactions, they often involve things like $1 baseball cards. Would you trust somebody selling you an EOS-1Ds, when his previous sales record consists only of 200 $1 baseball cards? Many buyers are just lured by the low prices and don't look further, they don't want to see. Well, it's their own money the are throwing away.

it might all be legit.. of course.. if you want a charger thats $1000.. oh.. warranty.. another grand.. how bout some driver software.. thats $500... oh what.. you wanted the cable to plug the charger in.. ok... $250... um... am i forgetting anything?

what? you want it before next year... well, thats a $2000 rush shipping fee

As a practiced Ebay'er The scams on these camera bodies are RAMPENT, However if you are seriously looking for a 1D, there seems to have been a serious price drop on them somehow, I have seen multiple new bodies on Ebay with BINs of $1800-2000, from vendors with real feedback that look like the real deal. The b-side of this is that the same person bought two from different vendors, and at least one of the listings was delisted, so maybe this isn't quite for real.

I have bought lenses, bodies and other high ticket items on ebay, you can do it, you just need to be aware of what the scams are and how to avoid them, also Ebay has gotten much better about removing fraudulent items quickly.