Rolleiflex 3.5E planar advice

viktor_karel

Hey hope i can post this here, I bought rolleiflex 3.5e planar with filter( rolleinar 1+2, uv, green, yellow,hood + case)-all in good contidion with some light cleaning scratches on few of them nothing serious, camera case and a strap. For 600eur.

However after 2 days i noticed some flaws, there is some lens separation on the taking lens(in "corner" not much now maybe 3mm into the lens. coating loss which i knew about, small spot of corrosion(?looks like just a spot of different color than the rest of aperture?) on aperture blade and small spot of fungus in rear element. It needs CLA for shutter 30 eur here, not a problem.

seller said it was in fine condition but he did not know about separation. He offered just a refund of 270 for the Camera and i have to keep the filters for 330. as it is "market price" first it was 400 camera and 200 filters as a "bundle" (it was not ebay nor do i have any selling agreement, we met in a poorly lit cafe where it was hard to chceck everything i know it is partly my fault, so i cant force him to return it all)

so the question is should i keep it and shoot while it does not affect IQ so much and the sell for parts or find replacement lens?

or just keep the filters and find another camera/sell them.

Thanks any advice on anything about this or where to find spare lens for 3.5e is most welcome.

thanks

• 1 month later...
If I had a chance to inspect a used camera, and if after inspecting it I plunked the money on the counter, my pride would prevent me from ever contacting the seller with a complaint. I have sold and bought more pieces of used gear than most, never by mail from anyone other than large, reputable companies. When I sell, I honestly describe the condition, but the bill of sale always includes a note: "as is, where is...". Anything else between private parties is an invitation to conflagration.

If your repair costs are low ( and 30 euro for a shutter CLA sounds cheap to me) then you might want to see about having the separation fixed as well. Remember that this camera is 60 years old, so the odds on finding a replacement lens are low. But when it is working well, you should be able to get great results.