ON1 Raw vs DxO Optics Pro 11

• 2 weeks later...

I have both but not enough "behind-the-wheel" time with either. I had purchased ON1 RAW to not have to get trapped by the Adobe subscription model but circumstances beyond my control got me into that one anyway. Still planning on giving ON1 RAW a thorough evaluation (I quite like their plugins which I have been using for a few years already). So far, I have used DxO software only for some special cases as I find the software a bit unwieldy for everyday use.<br><br>

The lack of a histogram on the first release of ON1 RAW was a major impediment for me; fortunately, it has been remedied in their latest update. Whether or not ON1 RAW lens corrections will ever get to the same level of DXO is something that remains to be seen.

Well I bought ON1 only to find out that I need Photoshop to flatten the layers it creates when I generate a TIFF file if I want Adorama to print them. The whole idea of having DxO and ON1 was to be to do simple edits.and tweaks. I have no desire or need for Photoshop. Lord knows what other surprises there are in ON1 and prgrams I will neee so I can not recommend it. to anyone at this point