HVL-F43M alpha 900

kleinklassic

<p>ARGH So I saved up and bought the F43 flash cause I was tired of using the old flash I had with my minolta camera and its unreliable adapter. So I get the 43 and low and behold I still have to have an adapter! GRRRR Well ordered what the guy from B&H said I needed and its not right. So now have to return that one for the right one! Which I hope will work right when ever I get it! Why would Sony change the shoes???? I wish I had never bought my minolta gear so the I wouldnt have to deal with the silliness of sony!</p>

Blame Sony for using similar enough model names while changing the hot shoe: HVL-F43*A*M does not need adapter to use with Minolta iISO camera shoe, while HVL-F43M does. Somebody not aware of that -- myself included, OP himself, and/or B & H staff -- would surely likely to be confused.

I myself have to search for "Sony 43 flash shoe" and was surprised to find that the above as I was not aware of the existence of HVL-F43M until then ...

https://blog.sony.com/press/sony-introduces-versatile-new-hvl-f43m-external-flash-gun/