hood for minolta 35mm 2.0

elijah_free

<p>I am soon to receive a beautiful minolta 35mm 2.0 from the bay. It comes without a hood. Any suggestions please for a hood that can be found easily enough. It does not, of course, need to be the original hood, but one that works just as well. I would appreciate replies from someone who has actually done this. thanks in advance.</p>

<p>Hi Elijah. Worth noting then that the genuine hood would be absolutely useless with the regard to flare (on your A700), so you'll need to look for a third party one that is designed for a 50mm lens, although most of these are screw in I think, which I always imagine would be a little annoying.</p>

<p>If you don't mind the less classy looks then you could use a collapsible <a href="http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=rubber+lens+hood+55mm&oe=utf-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=7273370984984390454&ei=RIlaTYqoF8H-8Aar8uCqDg&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CEEQ8wIwAg">rubber hood</a> with 55mm filter thread, those are less obtrusive and easier to pack than plastic/steel screw-in hoods</p>

<p>Thanks everyone for your great replies. Needless to say I am eagerly anticipating using it on my A700 as the walk around everyday type of carry it with me a lot lens. I also have an A850 that I have not really used due to a really busy work schedule, so I am looking forward to trying it on that also. The new SLT cameras don't attract me at this point. My cup is really full. These two dslr's are all that I need. I will try and post sometime after shooting when my schedule allows it. cheers!</p>