Sony A550-from Hong Kong or not.

jack_lo_..._t_o

<p>I want to upgrade from my A350-which I love-to an A550, which is the same camera with a much better LCD screen, which in turn has better articulation. I used it a lot on a trip to Europe-the LCD screen, as I took a ton of candids. I have a few lenses, but used almost exclusively the Zeiss 16-80. No probs.<br>

Local (Toronto) vendors want from $900 to $950 for the body alone. On "the auction site" there are several vendors -in Hong Kong- that are selling it from $550 -including shipping! They have feedback at 99-98% with customers in the tens of thousands.<br>

Two questions:<br>

Has anyone experienced these stores <i>digital-rev-access,</i> or <i>Dzone2?</i><br>

What kind of a hit can customs give me?</p>

<p> </p>

<p>You won't be charged customs for US purchases and with a little online investigating you may well find more US options in addition to Amazon for a550 in the $600-700 range. However it will be a bit complicated if ever you'll need to get adjustments or repairs made under warranty (even more so ordering from Hong Kong). I've bought small things like adapters and such from digital-rev, no problems there but personally I would not order several hundreds of $ worth of new electronics from that far abroad.</p>