Tokina 11-16/2.8 (DT) anyone?

ricardovaste

<p>No need for tears Jean-Yves, there's no good reason I can think of why one single DSLR system should ever be sufficient for any semiserious photographer to own. Ahhhh... how envy you the freedom to program lens focal lengths in K-series digital bodies. Or to get the K-x in <a href="http://www.crunchgear.com/2009/10/16/japan-gets-the-pentax-k-x-in-robotic-colors-limited-edition/">Kore Ja Nai robo trim</a>! Ouch, now my mouse is hovering over a used K10D/K20D listing again. Must... resist... clicking...</p>

<p>Well the K7 is so bad (in a good way) that the only thing keeping me from buying it is the price, still above $500 - which is actually very good.</p>

<p>Otherwise my reverse scrooge syndrome kicks in: avoid buying used for over $500, and then buy almost anything instantaneously the moment it shows up somewhere for $499 or less!</p>

<p>I have been thinking of getting one of these myself. It is a lot less expensive than going full frame. I have an a700 that does all that I need right now. I do have the 17-35G 3.5, but on the aps-c, it is no longer my beloved 17mm wide. Getting the Tokina will save a lot of cash. Seems to me a very good thing. But where are the pics anyone?</p>

<p>It arrived yesterday morning and I admit I'm impressed with it in general. Seems to have a great overall quality (build, optics, finish). More than you usually get for under 500 gbp 'today'.</p>

<p>Ah yes, Jiun, I do remember how you spoke many times about not needing a full-frame camera, nor that the A900 suited your style, and then went and purchased one anyway :P. FWIW, this lens does work on 35mm/FF quite well from 14-16mm, useful to know if you're juggling multiple formats and bodies (although that is the <em>last</em> reason I got this one myself).</p>

<p>Alas, got quite a lot of work to do so haven't had time to take anything other than test snaps around the house. I will hopefully have time Sunday ? and take it for a quick spin in some evening light.</p>

<p>Well of course I don't NEED a full frame camera. But I must say that as I often has a film slr with me as well, it is very nice to to have to carry around any APS-C lens.</p>

<p>Actually the real reason I got the A900 is that Australia Sony Style offered it to me at 35% off, Was too good an offer to turn down. Apart from being able to have wide lenses again, the ability to crop in is very handy indeed.</p>