Tamron 300mm f2.8

tracey_kidston

<p>dyxum, photo.net, ebay. Take some good, clear photos of them and inspect them before you describe them and you won't go wrong. Alternately, if you're looking at buying something else you could trade them in at a store somewhere which would save you a lot of time.</p>

<p>Hi Tracey,</p>

<p>I see you have an ad up in PN already, but you didn't include any specifics on condition and in my experience PN for sale posts don't seem to get much attention from alpha mount sellers or buyers.</p>

<p>With a target minimum price in mind it usually works better to list in dyxum and craigslist (if you're in a busy craigslist area). It can take a while before you'll get a customer though, and if you sell it in 5 minutes then you probably listed it for too little.</p>

<p>If you're in a hurry, or have no success waiting for responses to "slow ads", or if you prefer letting the market decide on the price then ebay is your best bet, just make sure you follow the golden rules (make your listing end on a sunday around noon pacific time, avoid public holidays & extended weekends, include enough pictures and info to satisfy knowledgeable buyers, only ship insured, etc etc).</p>

<p>I've been listing some sony lenses at fixed prices in ola.com, it gets far less traffic than ebay but is also much easier on fees and I did make two sales in the $250-400 price range just recently.</p>

<p>Judging by my personal experience, it would fetch the highest amount if listed in fleabay.You do need good pictures, a good rating, and ensure that it ends on a Sunday evening!<br>

The second hand shop trade in would be the easiest but you would certainly get the least amount. Photo.net offers are usually for the most unusual or the most common gear. Anything in between and I don't see too much there! I still keep an eye open for A mount and Olymous OM mount lenses and accessories, but neither would be particularly well served here.</p>

<p>Lenses like this go for $1000+. That's $100+ in fees for EBay, plus the cost (to the customer) of shipping a heavy lens, plus the risk/hassle/etc. <br>

<br />So, consider a 25% "penalty" for listing it on Ebay. If you can get $1000 for this on Craigslist, cash in hand, versus $1250 on Ebay, you may consider it.</p>

<p>I haven't looked at these in a while, but I have a Tokina 300 2.8 and that was what I got it for. A beatup Minolta version just sold for not much over that...they seem to go for $1500-2000 these days.</p>