Images from Gifted Lens 100-300mm

navs

<p>Do the image appear sharper to you in your originals than posted here, which seem soft. Softness seem to be due to things being slightly out of focus. I fear the shutter speed might have been too slow to hand hold for given focal lengths. Did you take these on tripod?

<p>

I like the "pic2" composition. Perhaps crop the bottom which are not trees, and the strip from the left edge containing blurry trees?

<p>

In "pic3", I would have preferred slightly more illuminated areas than being remained in darkness. If not everything in foreground, then perhaps lit at least the house wall bit more. Exposure seems to be a bit too long for the lit, well, lights for my taste.

<p>

The lens does not seem to produce horrible chromatic aberration in last two images, unlike <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/bitteralmonds/3254966461/">Minolta 70-210mm f/3.5-4.5</a>. Then again there might not be enough contrast & brightness. I should do my own test (whilst reading this post, it occurred to me that I have not used it yet at all in last two years!) for my lens.

<p>Thanks for your inputs parv , No all the pictures were taken hand held ,while the last one was in the drivers seat of the car , I just stopped and took it . I have not used any software or edited anything ,just re sized the pictures, appreciate you inputs, yes I feel now I should have cropped as suggested. still on the learning curve ,I guess slowly steadily will move up with help from fellow members who guide. thanks. I have yet to try 135mm 2.8 though perhaps a potrait using that one, will post as soon I get a chance. I hope you use yours and perhaps shed more light.</p>

<p>Nice sunset Navnitrai! The squirrel looks like it was just behind the point of focus, at least it seems that the vertical branch on the left is sharpest.</p>

<p>It can be difficult to get focus right with moving and/or furry animals, especially at focal lengths of 300mm and longer. The a700 has a secret weapon however: if autofocus doesn't immediately seem to get it right, what you can do is press the af/mf button on the back (exactly under your right thumb) to uncouple autofocus and take a series of 5 to 8 shots while focusing manually from front to back across the animal. That way at least one or two will be spot on. It's easiest to do at 5fps continuous drive mode - although that does tend to fill your card rather quickly!</p>