Konica-Minolta Gator Bowl

Member69643

<p>I was looking through the list of upcoming college bowls and noticed that Konica Minolta, the no-longer-camera-maker, is sponsoring this one. I wonder if that means they are doing well, post-camera biz, or if it means they're trying to scream loudly that they still exist. I've never seen a camera company sponsor a bowl, has anyone else?</p>

<p>Maybe they've gotten so rich that they can (and want to) buy back their camera line from Sony... :)</p>

<p>I don't think that the photo business was the main part of KonicaMinolta (or Minolta) for several years leading up to KM selling off the Photo Imaging Division. However, that is what Minolta/KM is best known for. And they don't need an 'excuse' to sponsor anything. What do you expect them to do, roll over and die?<br>

KonicaMinolta is a business, and they are going to do what any other business is going to do in order to generate name recognition.<br>

And since you asked... No, I haven't seen a camera company sponsor a bowl game, and even with KonicaMinolta sponsoring the Gator Bowl, I still haven't seen a camera company sponsor a bowl game.</p>