Alpha 350 after marktet lens

navs

<p>Dear members ,<br>

I love taking macro pictures of insects , flowers , butterflies, birds a bit of wildlife , I recently purchased some used lenses through ebay and yet to receive them. i will list them as follows<br>

1) Tamron 70-300mm f4-5.6 AF LD Minolta/Sony Auto focus<br>

2)Minolta Maxxum AF 50mm/ f1.7 lens<br>

3) Tamron SP 300 f5.6 54B Adaptall2 lens<br>

also have bidded for Tamron 1.4 SP tele convertor</p>

<p>would like to know if the said lenses are good enough to meet my requirements , any suggestions/guidance on the same.</p>

<p>thanks</p>

<p>Navnitrai Saini</p>

<p>Hi Navnitrai,<br /> Congrats on expanding your lens repertoire! If the adaptall2 300 doesn't come with a matching adapter for Sony/Maxxum mount then you will still need to get one of those. Your options are to either:</p>

<p>- get one ad2-maxxum/alpha mount adapter, which is a single solid piece and can be found used as the original tamron version (has become a bit expensive these days, there's one now on feebay for a whopping $120) or you can buy a chinese copy (about $40)</p>

<p>- get a used ad2-m42 screwmount adapter plus an AF confirm m42-maxxum/alpha adapter. The second option is a bit more complicated mechanically, but it will fool your body into thinking there is an autofocus lens attached and that helps with manual focus lenses (eg focus confirmation will light up in the viewfinder, you will be able to set the camera in A mode so it will choose shutter speed automatically for your manually set aperture). Check <a href="http://www.dyxum.com/dforum/a350-adapters_topic27881&OB=ASC_page1.html">this thread</a> in dyxum for more info</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Thanks Paul for your encouragement , hopefully with these new lenses I can experiment more, is it important to have the images altered with a software to present it for a critical view forum on photo.net , also have another query is it better to post pics in thread to learn and increase your knowledge then post it for critical view forum, looking forward to suggestions from all, thanks .</p>