A Minolta AF Camera without a loud motor?

eden_manus

<p>.</p>

<p>Thanks for sharing your insight, Richard.</p>

<blockquote>

<p><em>[Aside: ... why here? Anyway, my response was to the </em> <em><strong>subject line</strong> , putting it context. Subject line: <strong><a href="00TCIr">Price of 200/2.8? (original version)</a> </strong> and my response listed the <strong>original version of Minolta's 200/2.8 offering -- 1979 SR mount</strong> . That opening thread never mentioned the lens in reference as an Alpha mount, though it mentioned later HS versions, which are Alpha mount. I and others have similar and equivalent Minolta lenses in SR mount and Alpha mount. </em> <em>Context and clarity, that's all. And, I concur about reading entire resources before posting replies, though we each do tend to supplement one reply with another on the way to our clearest, unambiguous communication <strong>in context</strong> , at least I think that is our goal -- creating a complete and informative reference no matter how many follow up posts it takes! Good for us, and thank you for pointing that out and participating, Richard. ...]</em></p>

</blockquote>

<p>Good point, Richard. Note, Eden, that Minolta gear you seek to purchase may not be clearly identified by used equipment sellers who don't differentiate between SR mount and Alpha mount Minolta 35mm SLR camera gear (either because they don't know, or because, in their myopia, they forget). Thanks for the tip, Richard.</p>

<p>.</p>

<p>Robert, Richard, guys, I don't know anymore....<br>

Peter Blaise Monahon is such a big idiot, they guy is totally blind for the havoc he is creating here and other places related to Minolta. I thougt he is already banned on some other forums, in my opinion he should be banned here too. Delete all the crap-messages too he has ever posted.</p>

<p>I can't stand any longer his hippy b*lshit way of thinking: Share some pictures! Let us know how it works out for you! Thank's for the insight! He is totally full of shit. The guy is an incredible blind stupid dick! If there is any way to stop this moron, let me know. Maybe start a petition or something. He is the only reason I will sell my Minolta gear and never look back here. Others sections of this site are very interesting, with normal people talking normally. Indeed only this Sony/Minolta section is a pain to follow, because of PBH.</p>

<p>It is a pity I don't live in his neighbourhood, I would drive by and beat him up with a baseball bat...</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Hold on there Jeroen. While I can understand your anger at many of Peter's posting, I cannot condone your last sentence. It might be you who will be sanctioned by photo.net, rather than Peter.</p>

<p>I think that Peter's frequent posting that make this forum into a trip down the history of Minolta drives away many posters. If you look at the number of new posters that never return after the long diatribes of Peter, the owners of photo.net should look into limiting this type of topic hijacking. If Peter wants to start his own topic about the history of Minolta, that's fine. This way those that want to talk about Minolta history can join in, and it will leave those that have come here looking for answers about their equipment or techniques can do so without fear that the discussion will become a history lesson.</p>

<p>.</p>

<p>Thanks for sharing your insight, Robert (and Jeroen, and Richard ...).</p>

<p>I agree, and have no idea why contributions to the thread wandered away from Eden's inquiry, but it's certainly no big deal, and I've tried to redirect diversions back to Eden's purposes, for instance, <strong><em>the need for clarity</em> </strong> brought up by you and Richard sets an example for Eden to remember to also asses the clarity of any camera replacement offering when shopping for a new (to Eden) camera -- sellers might not be any clearer!</p>

<p>Eden, I think all these explorations among strangers over the Internet have a likeliness to wander to see what might be helpful, and we're all translating from our individual and diverse experiences. I hope you've found provocative and useful ideas to address your challenge -- <em><strong>a quiet Alpha Mount Camera</strong> </em> one way or another, or ...</p>

<p>.</p>

<p>Hi Eden. I've been away for awhile; seems this thread has gone a bit awry.<br>

Look for a good deal on a Maxxum 7. If you're going to upgrade, it's the one you will eventually want anyway. :-)<br>

In the custom functions, choose "silent rewind" - it will take a few seconds longer, but worth it for two reasons. First, less torque on your film and less worry about static buildup. Second, it is a bit quieter. Not "silent" by any stretch of the imagination, but better. :-)<br>

Hope that helps some,<br>

Jed</p>