What did you shoot with your Minolta or Sony Alpha this weekend?

vrankin

<p>Last weekend we started some photo sharing in this forum, and some of us thought it'd be good to do some more. Our daughter and her husband were with us for the Easter weekend, we walked along a lake shore near our house, and the attached photo was taken in the late afternoon light. Thin, hazy clouds made a softbox over the sun. Sony A100, 18-70 kit lens at 70mm, sports scene setting, 1/320@6.3, ISO 100. D-R enabled. This is a landscape crop from a portrait frame.</p><div>00T348-124447584.thumb.jpg.9dd1e8292f4ae06738ed219e1b6afb16.jpg</div>

<p>I shot a couple hundred pics at the Thunder on the Bay Air Show at Keesler AFB, Biloxi, MS. The ceiling was really low until late morning, delaying the actual flight demos, but it provided a lot of "people picture" opportunities. I'll have more of these posted very soon in my portfolio here on PN.</p><div>00T3wh-124867684.thumb.jpg.0ae73fc14b1a47a5de4c643eb83edd35.jpg</div>

<p>Thanks for the kudos, Sam and Rich! Since I don't usually work with an assistant, I have my Sony 56 flashes set up to mount on stands with a long dedicated sync cord, to retain all flash functions. I had the flash set up at about 30 deg. to the left or right of me, with the head zoomed manually to give the coverage and flash fill I wanted. Sometimes I go manual with the flash and dial it up or down, and sometimes I use TTL mode and dial it up/down with the flash compensation function, which is programmed to the "C" button on the back of my A700. Works very well, and gets the flash where I want it without an assistant standing there holding it. And it doesn't get tired.</p>

<p>I have a 3' curly dedicated sync cord for handheld flash shots, and I recently assembled a 10' long one, using a cheap Ebay sync cord which I dissected for the purpose. My thinking on this was that to get the full dedicated flash functions like TTL and high speed sync, but get the flash away from the camera, I needed a long dedicated cord to give me some working room when the flash is on a stand. So, I cut the ends off a 10' USB cable, which has 4 wires inside, removed the 3' curly cord, and soldered in the longer cord. Works great, and retains all flash functions.</p>

<p>I do have Alienbees wireless triggers but they don't handle the TTL and HSS functions, which I like to use in bright daylight.</p>

<p>And, it kept me from spending $800 on Radio Popper flash triggers, which are the only ones (supposedly) that will give full functionality wirelessly on Sony gear (they tell me this is coming for Sony soon).</p>

<p>If anyone needs further details on making a long sync cord for Sony gear, let me know.</p>