zeiss 16-35mm vs 24-70mm - when used at 24mm or 28mm

carlos_prado2

<p>Where can I find extensive reviews and MTF's for the Zeiss 16-35mm and 24-70mm lenses. More importantly, I will predominantly be shooting at either 24mm or 28mm focal lengths between f5.6 and f8.0. Which of these two lenses performs better at these two focal lengths - including: Chroma noise, sharp edges and distortion? I plan to use them with the Sony A900 DSLR.</p>

<p>Hi Carlos,<br>

If you are just shooting around that focal length, surely a prime would be more appropriate? The Minolta 28/2 is highly rated and is genuinely a top performer. You may get a little vignetting, don't know if that would bother you.</p>

<p>However, I am sure I've seen these graphs, can't find them now though :S. But do you think an MTF graph is the best way of getting a comparison...? Try posting this question on dyxum.com as there are people that own the 24-70 (lots) and the 16-35 (very few) that may be able to give you some real-world comparions/advise.</p>

<p>Good luck.</p>

<p>You can find MTF curves for the 24-70 on Photozone.de . The 16-35 is a relatively new and not as easy to get lens at this point in time, so It should be no surprise that reviews have yet to appear.<br>

I own several Zeiss lenses for my A900, and they are all winners. Unless you are planning on shooting lens resolution targets, you won't be able to tell the difference (and most likely if you are shooting resolution targets, you still won't be able to tell the difference).</p>

• 1 month later...