ARW and CS2/Bridge

You're out of luck. The version of ACR that introduced support for .ARW files (at least A700 and later cameras, not sure about A100) is not compatible with CS2. So ... whereas with a standalone raw converter like Bibble, all you'd have to do is upgrade the raw converter, with Adobe, you get to pay for an upgrade to CS3 !!! (I was annoyed about that that I downloaded trial versions of Bibble and other converters, but like the workflow I have with Bridge so much that I'm going to end up upgrading to CS3). Photoshop Elements 5 (which I use for cataloging) is compatible with a later version of ACR that lets me convert A700 ARW files, but only one at a time. There *is* a workaround available: you can download Adobes free DNG converter, convert the ARW files to DNG, then process those with CS2/Bridge. I did a little research into DNG, got some pros & cons from forums & blogs and decided it's not for me, but it's a free option for you.

CS2 only supports up to the A100, it doesn't support the A700's files nor the files of later cameras.

I went to Bibble and never looked back, but I don't edit much in PS, so all I really need is a RAW developer. Overall I found Bibble to be very intuitive, despite the reputation it has, but that may just be my own oddity.

Give Bibble a shot and see if you like it.