rolleiflex bay 2 new filters

Both Heliopan and B+W manufacture filters in Bayonet 2 mount. B&H carries the full line of these products, but most Bayonet 2 filters are available only on special order due to low demand.

Bayonet 2 is used on Rolleiflex 3.5F Xenotar and Planar cameras, and possibly a few others.

Godfrey

The usual way to get a bunch of filters is to get a bay II to series VI converter ($5-$10?) which will be vastly less expensive, and provide you with a wider range of filters.

The downside is that this may interfere with a genuine lens shade using the outer bayonet. You can, of course get a series VI lens shade too,

but that will slightly block the viewing lens.

I have both Bay-III ('flex 2.8F) and Bay-I (Rolleicord, Autocord, Yashicamat). My solution was a Bay-I to 49mm and a Bay-III to 49mm adapter. Now I have the freedom of mounting any 49mm filter I want on these cameras, carry only 1 set of filters (which fit on my Pentax Spotmeter IV as well), and pay a lot less than if I bought Bay-x filters. I can also stack them, too (not that I want to!) Most of my 49mm filters are B+W or Heliopan.

I think the Bay-II to 49mm goes for about $15 to $20 on ebay (made in India by Sonia - not a bad construction, either). You can even consider the smaller Bay-II to 46mm.