Made a mistake today, bought wrong lens...

will_daniel1

Hey, folks... I got a great deal on a zoom lens today thinking it was a Pentax K

mount. Turns out to be Minolta (non-AF) M mount. If anyone is interested in a

great deal, it's a Kalimar 80-200mm f4.5-5.6 in like new condition. Very compact

and light (49mm filter size), multi-coated and 1:4 macro. Make offer.

wjdaniel@excite.com<div>00PRs3-43407684.JPG.72fda77cc00d734ffb1786b7c51e2e72.JPG</div>

I dont think you are allowed to advertise in these forums... you should go to the classified adds here on photo.net. But even then, no1 is going to want to buy your lens to be honest. Its an SR mount, where the original minolta rokkor lenses are very high quality but exceptionally cheap - no1 will look past the make "kalimar" for two seconds. Best thing is stick it on ebay.

All the best,

Rich

Richard, I probably should have explained how I made the mistake so you'd know I'm not the moron you apparently think I am who doesn't know the difference between a Kalimar and a Minolta Rokkor lens. I bought a complete Kalimar camera kit at a yard sale -- camera, zoom lens, flash, case, film, etc. The natural assumption on a deal like that is PK mount because who in their right mind would think a piece of Chinese crap like that camera would have a Minolta mount? Who knew? Every off-brand camera I ever saw had Pentax mount. The camera is in the trash already, and I wanted the lens for my son-in-law's off-brand PK-mount camera. Ironically, the zoom lens appears to have been made by Cosina -- no slouch in lens construction or optical quality. Maybe if I had mentioned that I spent 25 years in the photo industry your post wouldn't have been so condescending.

Will

You have mistaken my honest advise Will. You have taken it completely the wrong way & it saddens me that you have lowered yourself to personal insults. I thought this forum largely removed itself from that. 25 years or 25 minutes makes no difference to my honest thoughts & advise.

I will think again next time i try to help someone, sorry Will. Best of luck with your sale.

Rich

You have mistaken my honest advise Will. You have taken it completely the wrong way & it saddens me that you have lowered yourself to personal insults. I thought this forum largely removed itself from that. 25 years or 25 minutes makes no difference to my honest thoughts & advise.

I will think again next time i try to help someone, sorry Will. Best of luck with your sale.

Rich

Rich

Do what I do in these situations. Get a set of small screwdrivers and have a good time.

You will wind up with some nice magnifying lenses and replenish you supply of small

screws. PS, get that camera out of the trash and do the same thing...it's fun to see how

stuff is made.