Light Leaks with new Readyloads?

ed_candland1

I bought my LF kit last year and I have been using the new Readyload.

Quite often I see what looks to be a light leak. It's always directly

opposite the notch about 1/16" from the edge on the short side or

along the long side, notch side and about the same 1/32-1/16" from

the edge of the film. Any ideas? I had heard that the new Readyloads

were not a problem anymore.

Ed,

You may be having a problem with the holder, not the ReadyLoads. Can you be more specific about what the light leak looks like? Is it going from the edge of the film long side into the image area? What camera are you using? I, and a couple of others, have had a problem with the latest ReadyLoads and the Linhof Master 2000. There does not seem to be a problem with the older holders and earlier models of Linhof cameras - many of my friends that have that combination report not having a problem. You can contact Kodak Professional Services at 800-242-2424, ext. 19.

And in spite of what people say about Kodak, I found them to be incredibly responsive to this problem!

Good Luck.

Mike

The early holders did reflect a small amount of light off of the edge of the cutout creating a streak along some sides of the film. Kodak has released several improved versions of the holder since. If you look down the opening, you should see a letter stamped into the plastic. Latest revisions are apparently D, or perhaps E.

Thanks, They are small and close to the edge. If you have the notch on the top right side, it�s either on the top right edge running parallel to the top or on the far left top (short side), again running parallel. These aren't large and don't always show up. It's seems like I notice it when there's something dark like a tree Brach across that area. They look to be 1/8-1/4�. I use a Toyo AX and I couldn�t find a version number but I bought it last year from badger. I�m glad you think Kodak is incredibly responsive to problems. I work for Kodak, but not that division.;-)

Thanks, Ed

Looks like you are all set.

I just wanted to say that since the new single sheet Readyloads have been released, I have shot over 300 sheet and have not had a single failure or light leak except for one I ruined after spilling a Coke on it. I have excellent results with bot the Polaroid and new Kodak holders.

Mike

• 1 month later...
OK Here's the update. I got the new holder and just now got around to trying it out. I won't have the film back till tomorrow so I can't tell about the light leaks. BUT, this one is a bit tricky to get the film in. it seems to hit on something at the top when sliding the film in. I found that if I gently push the film forward about a 1/2 inch it slides in OK. Is this normal with the new, latest gen. holders?