A900 when and how much?

voets

3000 $US sounds good. but here in the netherlands that will become eur 3000 ofcourse thanks to our lovely customs with all their taxes

and even that sounds pretty. just checked, Nikon D3 has a price setting of euro 5200 (=$US 7500) overhere and that is probably the direct competitor of the A900

Jimmy, who would buy a $5000-$8000 Sony at this point? Maybe current Sony/Minolta users, but I can't imagine too many pros switching over from Canon/Nikon right now. Sony needs to build the system up more, and implement professional services before they plunge into that market. A Canon 5D level camera, but with best in class specs, would be a good bridge to build first IMO. Michael is right, they haven't said much about the new camera, and at PMA last year they called it "Flagship" rather than "Professional." We shall see!

There are rumours about the 7D... meaning a CANON 7D, to replace the 5D. Its still the same level camera though, just upgraded. Could be an intersting battle. 7D speculation has been out a while, google and you will probably find some specifications about. 7D at PMA maybe, lets see.

P>S> why do Canon keep stealing out DSLR names?!

$3000 USD wouldnt be too bad for me at all. I have around 600 (GBP) saved for it at the moment. But then again, thats still short of the A700(!) and god knows what the A900 will be priced at over here in the UK. It will probably go on a wide lens to be honest, the widest I have at the moment it a 50/1.7 :O