im into photograpy for about 9 mos and i bought a new slr (sony a100). i had

been looking for a macro lens and a telephoto lens. i decided to get the sony

100mm f2.8 macro (D)lens for my macro shoot. now im still undecided which

telephoto lens to get. im looking at the sony DT 75-300mm F4.5-5.6 (D) but

cant be sure.

any advice? im trying to look at mid range lenses (price)that has the quality

output.

thanks and more power!!!

There is no DT 75-300mm F4.5-5.6 (D). You probably meant the 75-300mm F4.5-5.6 (D). Well, it's cheap.

<p>

If you want something better at the long end, try to find one of the versions of the 100-300/4.5-5.6 APO (there are three versions). They are discontinued, but readily available on the second hand market, because they were popular lenses. But don't confuse it with the non-APO versions!

It depends on what you mean by mid-range. With high-end lenses in the $1000 to $5000 range, and cheap lenses in the $100 to $400 range, the closest thing to "mid-range" would be the Sigma 70-200 f2.8, which run several hundred dollars, if you can find one on Ebay. And, if you want their newest one which is a macro, you can hop in line behind me and pay around $800 when they decide to release them (they said spring, but now it's summer, and I'm still waiting).

Lenses for Canon and Nikon are easy to pick up. Lenses for Maxxum and Sony are significantly less available in many cases.

Anything cheaper than the Sigma I mentioned above will not give you the results I think you're looking for. Sure, they'll weigh less and be smaller, but won't be as fast in the aperture department.

I also have an external flash that i want to use on my A-100 the first thing i had to do was purchase a hot shoe adaptor that fits the sony propiety shoe this gave me the place to plug into. (found one on Ebay $10)

The problem i found was actualy getting my flash to work consistently.

I have varied from A mode Tp S mode To P mode, and i still don't get the distance (50ft) I would get on my SRT101 with this falsh (33yr old Osram Studio BCS flash).

MOst have suggested I just invest in the Sony flash due to the co-ordination between flash and camera making it easier to talk to each other.

The other thing I haven't tried is to just vary the ISO.

Good luck