Can I Adapt Tamron 20 -200 to A-100?

larry_bolger

Good luck finding one. These Minolta Alpha mount Adaptall adapter are rare items. So rare that the picture amazon picture (not in stock) is a picture of a adaptall adapter for a different bodies. Most Minolta adaptall are for the older Minolta MD/MC mount. They won't fit the Minolta Alpha mount.

You can use the Tamron on your A100 via 2 adapters, a M42 Adaptall adapter on top of a M42 to Minolta AF adapter. These two adapters are much easier to find.

I agree with Eric. I have a Tamron 28-200 AF Aspherical XR (IF) which gives me a range of 42-300mm. It has given me good results both on film and digital SLR's. Keh has one for about $125.

If you buy a used one, look for this model ,which has a 62 mm Filter size. The 72 MM filter sizes are older and heavier.

Appropos of this thread, I was in my camera store today and we had several Adaptall 2 Maxxum mount adapters in stock. I'm in no way trying to drum up business and a moderator can delete this post as he sees fit, but we're auctioning that adapters off on e*ay. See item number: 220122675530