flash for Maxxum 5

alia balia

Please help to choose a flash for Maxxum (Dynax) 5 (not a digital one).

The dedicated 5600hs went wild expensive, so what's the alternative?

Would Sigma EF500 DG Super work fine for the film Maxxum 5. Any experience?

Or should I go for 3600HS that's up in price quite a bit, too?

Please share any other choices.

Thanks in advance.

algis

Do not have a 5 but do have a number of others including a 7. 5400xi & 3500xi seem to function fine in my experience and are not that expensive ( at least not on fleabay ) but I do not think you get HSS facility if that is important to you.

If you want to check out all the available ones go to - www.mhohner.de - and you get a full listing of the Minolta ones. I think you have to watch out for the "shoe" fitting compatibility.

With the recent announcements from Sony the prices may start to come down so you could wait and see.

Hope I am right and hope this helps.

( PS - not being rude but, my name is pretty uncommon and yours seems so as well. )

5600hsd is a perfect piece of flashgun.

If I were you, I'd wait to see which flashgun is compatible with both minolta dynax series and sony bodies, and i'd surely buy that one. One day you might want to buy a sony digital body and a flashgun is an investment done only once(alt least for me).

If you can find a good used 5400HS it will give flash sync upto 1/4000. I use one regularly with my Maxxum 70. HSS works perfectly. I paid $65 at a camera show for mine. Who knows what sort of flash will be compatible with the Sony digital body. This is a cheap option until then. -Brad