scanner?

jasonphoto01

i would advice you a second hand drumscanner. if you want to buy a good ccd scanner,....buy mine. a polaroid 45ultra scanner for 4x5" and downsize formats.....very good condition because the machine is measured and focussed newly and all mirrors are dustfree. i changed to a drumscanner, but before i did i compared a lot of scanners as imacon 646 , 848, polaroid ss120, 45ultra and 3 different drum scanners. the polaroid really didnt gave a bad figure.......little bit worther than the imacons, but not significant. so my decision was to stay with the polaroid cause a change to an imacon didnt seem for me worth the money which is a lot of difference... anyway worther than drumscanners if they are used with good hands........but then arrived a very good offer for an screen 1015AI to me...and so i changed and now i will even update to a screen 1030Ai ( so you could buy the 1015AI too......) i just wanted to put the scanners in ebay here in germany, but if you give me a fair offer...no problem. i was working one year with the scanner for many publications and professional clients and everybody was content with the scans. although the machine isnt used much cause i am a photographer not a lab.

hi,

i do all my 4x5 trans scans with an agfa duoscan hid. (there is a similar machine from mirotec). It only does 1000ppi, which crates something like a 80mb-file. which is absolutely fine for me (enough for magazin pages with 3xxdpi). you can scan with 2000ppi which delivers a bigger file - but not more detail.

best thing about it: there is no glass between the trans. and the lens!

It´s an good middle-size solution. but i am sure you get better scans if you pay a lot more money. depends what you need the pics for.

stefan