Minolta Maxxum 7D battery stuck

rohit_tripathi

This is weird, The battery sits in place, so unless someone used glue or it has the wrong battery, even if the spring is broken it should just slide out easily anyway.

Me thinks someone has done something to jam it in there. The design does not lead to having the battery have a really tight fit.

Having looked closely at the desgin of the battery and the battery chamber I am at a loss to see how the battery could get stuck in there, provided it was inserted correctly.

Just to double check - When you look at your stuck battery, can you see the two electrical contacts? If so, it is in back to front. There is a key-way on the battery to prevent this from happening, but if you were to insert it with sufficient force, this could cause the battery to become jammed in the holder.

That is the only think I can think of, having the battery forced in the wrong way, and if that is the case, one would have to have been a real idiot to do it. Cause that would require real force, something that neverwould be required.

That said, you bought it, was it new or used, because one would have assumed you checked it before buying if you bought it used.

Before this gets too personalised it might be wise to ask a simple question or two -

1. Does the camera work with the battery in the way it is ? If so the battery is in the right way. If not the battery is either dead or in the wrong way or the camera is faulty.

2. Do you have the manual for the camera ? This will give you guidance on how things should look and possible solutions.

3. Is it possible for you to take it back to the seller ? If so go back to them and say "you sort this out or I want my money back"

Thanks for all your kind answers. I took the camera to adorama today and they found the camera was defective. The camera turns on with the battery in but the release latch doesn't work. Adorama exchanged it for another one.

I am surprised how easily you can make assumptions though.