HEELPPP PLEASE.......;-)

aldo ellul

Hi there,

like all you fellas I'm a minolta user. I have 2 bodies, 4 lenses,

a flash gun plus other accessories like cable release, filters etc.

I want to get digital SLR. From your experience should I get a

Minolta D slr/wait for Sony to see what they are coming up with OR

just forget everything and start all over with other brands such as

Nikon.

I don't mind putting aside the bodies (although they are in mint

condition) but it's a pitty not to use the flash and lenses etc

(these are all compatible with the 7D).

My Question is this: are the Minolta d SLR at present good enough

(picture quality)as Nikon?

Thanks

Aldo

All the DSLR's are so advanced that the skill of the photographer will determine the quality of the images just like with film. The exceptions are probably the full frame sensors from Canon. Being larger full frame sensors, they should be better in quality.

Just check out dpreview for the sample shots and make a judgement for yourself.

The 7D is great camera. I've gotten better shots than I ever did with film..mostly because I can see the results immediately and adjust right away.

Hi Aldo,

Just my opinion, but if you are happy with your Minolta gear stick with it, you might not like what the competition is offering. There has been some "High Anxiety" amongst Minolta users since the KM and Sony announcements, including myself, but I think you will be fine with either a current KM DSLR, or the new line from Sony. I'm guessing that the new "Sonolta" DSLRs will be basically the same as the 5D and 7D, but with the 10.2Mb Cmos sensor. What Clinton was referring two is there's some concern that there could be a difference in quality between the output of the current CCD sensor and the Cmos sensor aside from the obvious difference in resolution -- we won't know until these cameras are presented and tested. But the resolution of the 5D and 7D is probably more than enough for most users. Like Thang said, the 7D is a great camera -- same for the KM 5D. Just my opinion. I'm not switching !

Robert

Earlier in this thread:

"... are the Minolta d SLR at present good enough (picture quality) as Nikon? ..."

Peter Blaise responds:

WAY better, at least by 2 stops of AS Anti Shake, where the Canon and Nikon have to bump their ISO up, the Minolta can keep it 2 stops slower (read: less noisy) and still hand hold for the same shot.

Go for it!

Click!

Love and hugs,

Peter Blaise peterblaise@yahoo.com Minolta Photographer http://www.peterblaisephotography.com/

Buy the 7D. It will be supported by Sony and is a great camera.

I am not holding my breathe on a PMA announcement. The response in an email from somebody at Sony posted a day or two ago stated that they will be waiting for the transfer to be complete before announcing what the future holds in regards to a Sony dSLR. That means sometime after March 31.

Not that they guy as Sony knows everything, but I am sure he knows a heck of a lot more than I do sitting in the cheap seats.

Well, for that analogy to be accurate I am outside, really. With everybody else.

chad

Get the 7D, a while ago it was one of the more expensive Digital SLR cameras for the semi pro consumer. Now it has dropped in price and the camera and quality of it has not changed one bit.

I have tried most of the Digital SLR models out now (apart from the really high end pro models) and I love my 7D, funily enough those dials on the camera are perfect, a quick flick here and there to compensate is just what I love.

I personally think with the grip it is one of the best body builds on the market.

Just my opinion