Sony suprise us with. I am doubting KM will launch a DSLR here, but as

far as Sony goes and knowing their jump in hang on tactics, they may

just launch something. So if anyone here's anything new regarding KM

or Sony DSLRs then post it here so we can all have our minds put at

ease. I really hope KM releases something that'll put the challenge up

to the big guns. A year with a 6mp DSLR as the top end camera won't

last long even although it is an excellent camera. All the talk is

hinting at something coming along for us very soon, look out Canon 5D

and Nikon D200, move over, the KM 9D is about to arrive.<div>00EjMb-27294784.jpg.5bb9a394a1fc4b397beded248d335a4e.jpg</div>

Mate, just be patient. KM will bring forth goodies soon. I have noticed that KM always seem a bit slower than the others. Some say it is a lack of money but I like to think on the positive side of things. They are learning from the mistakes the other companies make. Look at the KM5D for example. It has so many good ratings and reviews to its credit and is just a 6mp DSLR. KM doesn't need big MP to sell their cameras because of other technologies. My 7D is a great camera and can make enlargements easily large enough for the general public to buy. After all, who buys 1 metre long by 1 metre high photographs anyway? If CES doesn't reveal a new KM DSLR you can be pretty sure the next conference at the end of February will. 1 year with the 7D as number 1 KM DSLR will be long enough for most people. It will happen. By the way, glad you like the photo, can be a pretty dangerous pass-time though.

Tim- I just got back from CES at 6:30 this morning. KM was listed as an exhibitor, but just like last year, they were only there as a 'member' of the SD memory card family, a real waste of time. Nikon had a booth, but I couldn't find it. Olympus has several suites in the Hilton, rather than a booth on the convention floor(s). Canon was there with their large booth, but no new cameras. Sony didn't put much of their cameras at their booth. The only photo companies that did have new products were Kodak and Pentax. I didn't look at their booth, but heard it from some friends, and I haven't looked at dpreview to see what actually was shown.

In talking with some friends that will going to CES next month, they felt that the camera companies are trying to be supportive of PMA, as it has been going down for some time now. It keeps getting smaller and smaller. Next year's PMA should be a little better as it will be held in Las Vegas. This usually helps attendance.

That's good news. I noticed that you said the camera companies are supporting the PMA, isn't that at the end of next month. I think the KM7D was released there last year. It's a bit sad that the CES was a bit on the poor side. Oh well, we'll just post one of these links for next months PMA. It is only a matter of time though. I can't see a company like KM waiting to much longer with a 6mp DSLR as their top gun. 10mp plus is now the pro standard. We are a patient bunch us Minoltians. Please post any new news though.

Tim- I didn't get a chance to talk to the Sony sales manager in my area if he knew anything more. He was on my flight to Vegas and he said it was possible that Sony might show something under the table at their suite at the Bally. Sony has been tight-lipped about the new Sony/KM DSLRs.

Well if you can find out what Sony has to offer let us know. Everyone that has anything to do with KM seem to be tight lipped at present. The drought has to break soon. I still think Sony will bring something out with the same sensor that is in their top of the range point and shoot. I think it was a 10MP CMOS sensor, that should be good competition for the Nikon D200 and out do Canon's 20D. Maybe something with similar specs to the Fuji S3. They won't go pro straight away. KM on the other hand has to bring out a 9D, it is the only logical option so they keep the same line of DSLRs as there film versions.