about shooting 24 images, camera rewinds back to 0. I am getting 24

slides on a 36 roll. I have had this problem before and sent it back

to Minolta for repair. Had this also happen on my other 800si. Has

anyone else experienced this problem? Any solution other than sending

it back to Minolta for repair?

Thanks.

Toby Spector

Ivo - you beat me to it.

Toby - I have 2 and have not had the problem with either. What did Minolta say when they repaired the first one ?

I use the "Counts down" option on Custom function #8 ( I much prefer it ) and of course get the exact 36 exposures per roll and thus lose 1 frame ( they always develop 37 frames and the 37th is just black ). Now if I were to use manual rewind would the counter go above 36 and on to 37 ? Just out of interest and, I guess, a mean streak is showing.

Kindly ignore my question about numbers as it is total garbage. If counting down you get to zero at the end and even though the camera is set up to show minus numbers when bracketing etc. I do not think I will give it a try elsewhere just in case I create a problem I do not have.

I either count down and lose one or count up and gain one.

I've got half a dozen different minolta models and they've virtually all done it at one time or another. It is to do with film tension. Negative film just out of the fridge seems the worst offender. I suppose you've just got to turn off the auto rewind and live with it.

Thanks for all your contributions. I'm sending the camera back to Minolta because I just had the camera fixed, same problem, and it's still under the warranty. I'm more inclined to think it might be what Denis said that it might be a bad contact, because it didn't just happen with one or two rolls. It kept happening with several rolls of film that I put in. In the future I'll try turning off the automatic rewind function and see if that works. Also I'll hit the cannister before loading it into the camera.

I'll let you know what Minolta says after I get it fixed.

Thanks again

Toby Spector