International KM Warranty Canada!!

l_roth

Well....

Given the choice, I would go with the better camera. For an entry level DSLR, the 5D has it all, technology (AntiShake), features (such as 2.5? LCD, good controls), and excellent ergonomics.

Nikon and Canon have moved backwards with their entry level dSLRs. The XT, and D50 are Hyundai?s; small, cheap, and feature poor.

Canon has downsized the Rebel XT, making it unusable by an adult. End of story there.

The D50 is limited to a 1.8? LCD, no DOF preview, a short sighted KIT lens, and only 1 GB max SD card (approved by Nikon).

And if Zoomtron disappears (Warranty IS only 12 months), no biggie. Send the camera to KM Service in New Jersey.

Help me. How can Canadians now even see KM photo products, now that the Canadian operation's folded? I'm thinking this just might have some impact on KM's share of the tiny Canadian market for DSLRs. The innate goodness of the product is largely meaningless if it is invisible. Suspect you'll be the only one on your block with a 5D!

Hi All,

I just got my new Maxxum 7D... But it suffers from from "back focus" syndrome: any point aimed at is slightly out of focus... But man, how about those great detailed backgrounds ;) Seriously, I'm taking it to Zoomtron, which is close to my workplace. I'll take the time to ask some questions as they probably offer warranty service for other brands. I'll post some feedback about their service once I got it back from them.

• 7 months later...

KM was always provide international warranty for their product. I recently have resource Zoomtron for their service. Zoomtron was also a service shop for KM when their business was still at full speed. So I don't think there is anything change interm of logistic. Instead of getting pay through KM, they get pay from SONY now. The only possible problem is parts. I hope SONY is using the similar parts for there new camera.

Thanh