SRT303 question

richard_wallace2

Hello everybody!

I asked for the lenses in my previous post, but with the panagor 28mm

came also a 50mm f1.4 and a srt303.

The srt303 has a very interesting DOF preview, has no MLU as recon

some of them had, but there is something that i don't now what it is.

The DOF is on the right side, and on the left there is some sort of a

swich bellow the "plug" of the "remote" cable. What is it?

Thanks,

RWallace

The switch sets the camera (hot shoe AND the sync terminal on the side of the lens) for "X" electronic flash, when in the UP position. When in the down position it sets the camera for Class FP flashbulbs.

Class M or MF flashbulbs can be used with shutter speeds of 1/30 or slower when the sync selector switch is in the up "X" position.

It is a good idea to leave the switch in the "X" position.

Jack<div>00Czny-24840584.jpg.4292ec5357b41116afe81e12a8ee3950.jpg</div>

Excellent responses regarding the switch, but I just thought I'd ad that "the 'plug' of the 'remote' cable" is actually the PC conection, which is the standard connection for an external flash unit - PC not standing for Personal Computer, but Prontor Compur, a German company better known for its shutters that introduced this connection.

If you want to connect a remote release to the SRT, it has to be a mechanical one, and screws into the middle of the shutter release button.

Enjoy your 303!

The button in the picture is what you press and hold to be able to twist the lens counterclockwise and remove it.

Making double exposures with the 303 involves releasing the wind sprocket, and then operating the advance lever to wind the shutter. You can release the wind sprocket by pressing the rewind button on the baseplate, and at the same time winding the wind lever. The shutter is then ready for another exposure, but the film has not been wound on to the next frame. Before doing this, gently take up the slack film in the film cartridge by turning the rewind knob in the rewinding direction until some tension is felt.

It might then be a good idea to hold the rewind knob with a little tension on the film, while pressing the rewind button on the baseplate, and winding the wind lever. This can prevent the film creeping a little during the winding.

Try this sometime with a scrap roll of film and with the back open. It is easier to see than to explain.

Jack