Two Minolta AF lenses: 28-135/4-4.5 and AF 70-210/4. Pleaee give comment.

ken_wong1

Hello...I own both of these lenses and both are very good. The 70-210 covers a very useful range but is somewhat heavy. This doesn't bother me but it gives some people pause. Also, I find that there is not enough dampening of the zoom ring. It turns very easily. Picture quality is quite amazing though and that's what matters with any lens. The 28-135 is an exceptional lens and, for a zoom, sharp along most of its range. There is no dedicated lens hood for this lens, however, so flare control can be a problem. Also, its a little heavy and its large filter size means you probably won't be able to swap filters between your lenses with this one. The focusing ring is a bit small on both for manual focusing. Both are good choices for durability with their solid construction. Basically, you can't go wrong with these.

Yup, my Max 7 feels a bit unbalanced with the 70-210/4 unless I have the vertical grip on it. Still, when I went on my last vacation, I brought my Max 7, 24-105D, and 70-210/4. Those two zooms were a great combination for most vacation shots. If I was expecting to do any ambient light interior shots, I would've brought my 50/1.7, too.

The 70-210 is a great value and generates terrific results. Its close focus is good enough to deal with those macro-like shots...I didn't miss having my 100/2.8 macro on the last trip.

Larry