Where to buy Minolta parts.

victor_montanez

would you be talking about PARTS parts like sprockets, shutters, etc? or camera parts as in body, lens, flash...

to answer, any minolta camera available is probably going to be cheaper to buy new or used then take the trouble yourself of repairing its internals or paying someone else to, unless its a simple adjustment.

otherwise, ive had tons of luck with keh.com for used minolta equipment

I was talking about schematic diagrams, electronic and mechanical parts. I found a website that has the Minolta 5, 7 and 9 service and parts manuals for free in .pdf format. I can fix my own stuff, but was wondering if camera repir is a good business. (profitable)

Sorry guys for those interested on the schematics and my delay to answer this questions, but I am not getting e-mails when someone post a reply. Please read this posting again for the link to the free .pdf and what cameras schematics are available. I will post link here.

• 3 weeks later...

If you are about to repair older cameras then parts are not an issue. You would buy cheap cameras that are beyond repair and take working parts from these. Do not underestimate the sophistication of these cameras. While you learn focus on one or two models.

Tools are an issue. Find Thomas Tomosy's books. Visit Ed Romney's website: www.edromney.com. He thinks that repairing old cameras can be profitable but you need really to know which models to go for.

Find factory repair manuals at from John Craig at www.craigcamera.com and also give a look at the seller nikondave on ebay.com.

Be really careful before you invest money.

Well established camera repair buisnesses are worried with the current change to digital technology. This is a really hairy situation and knowbody right now can know how this kind of buisness will run two or five years from now.

I start repairing Minolta XD11 as a hobby and there is really a lot to learn.

Kind regards from Juerg Brechbuehl