LCD Bleed On Maxxum 9000

roy_pace

The LCD bleed is unfortunatelly pretty common. Most of 9000's I've seen had the bleed in one of the corners but it did not obstruct any information on LCD and the owners swore that the bleed was not progressing. I do not remember seeing a 9000 with really bad bleed.

It is possible to find Maxxum 9000 without any bleed, I owned one for 5 years and the bleed never started.

9000 is a great camera, but check whether it's still repairable. On mine the AF went out of adjustment one day and the repair shop found that they cannot adjust it because it the control chip that went wrong (would cost more than the camera to repair).

Intuitively... you would think that the bleed would be progressive; but as others have commented, oddly enough, it seems to only "bleed" so much, and then stop. I have several 9000's with minor edge bleeding which doesn't appear to have become any worse over the last two years.

First, thank you all for your responses...I emailed KEH to see what their staff had to say. They said that the bleed does become worse, but can take years. They also said that it was not economical to replace the LCD as no spare parts are available. No surprise, but I saw nothing lost in asking. Seems like everyone here has had a positive experience with the bleed not progressing much, so I'll probably go ahead and purchase one.

Roy