Where To For XE-7 Manual Lenses Online?

paul_batalla

Paul, there is a great wealth of resources from which to choose. eBay of course, Adorama, KEH, BHPhoto and Video to name a few. The Minolta manual focus cameras use a standard bayonet mount. There are lenses available for very reasonable prices. I have primes for my cameras from 24mm through 500mm mirror. Check out the ads here on this site as well.

I have found KEH, although a bit higher in price than others, to be a great place to deal with. If anything their rating system is conservative, I have bought "excellent" rated lenses that looked brand new. One thing though, if it does not specifically say "caps", it doesn't come with them.

Be very, very careful about buying on E-bay, and look for the numerous warning signs (no detailed pictures, no returns possible, 'I know nothing about cameras,' text written by grade-school dropouts with Caps Lock stuck to on). Perhaps one in 10 items described as Mint! or In Excellent Condition! will exceed a typical KEH bargain-grade item.

In my experience, disputes with e-Bay sellers simply aren't worth the time or annoyance. KEH has a straightforward return policy.

KEH is a good reputable seller with good rates when compared to brick and morter stores. But if you don't have money ebay is the cheapest. Yes there is a chance to get a dud lens, it happens, but not as frequently as stated by other forum members. A good example is a minolta 58mm f1.4 lens. KEH has some for around $100 in various conditions. I just got one on ebay with a srt101 camera for $40 total with shipping included in the $40. Email the seller questions and be patient, they will usually answer truthfully if given directions. I live in CA where her are many good flea markets, camera shows and stores with great inventory, but for price none of them ever beats EBAY. You just have to be careful, ask questions and be patient about when to buy. Some items sell for way more than they are worth, but for every five overpriced items there are at least 2 bargains. Look hard and don't be discouranged to use ebay by old timers