Restoring a Nikon MB-1 Battery Holder

stephen_rood

<p>I am seeking a vintage Nikon camera restorer, not a Nikon repair shop, to refinish or restore one of the battery compartments of a Nikon MB-1. The right battery compartment just needs to be cleaned of battery acid residue, refinished and repainted. I want it restored to its original, mint condition, like it was. Does anyone know of someone who does this type of restoration work? The MB-1 does not need to be repaired, just restored. Any information or leads to a restorer would be greatly appreciated.<br>

<br>

Stephen<br /></p>

<p>I did contact Jim at Vermont Camera Works. From my conversation with him, it appears camera restoration work is not one of their primary services. Anyone can say "Ship it to me and I'll look at it and try. I think I know what you want." That's a big difference from "We've done that before with a Nikon X or a Nikon Y product. I know we can succeed with what you're seeking. Go ahead and forward it to us." It's the level of confidence one implies with their wording. However, thanks for the referral.</p>

<p>It's hard to say but I use 300*F baked paint as original so everything plastic, vinyl...must be completely remove plus every paint has a different sheen if yours is limit to repaint only inside one compartment, it's not a problem. <br /> I charge $650 for repainting the Leica M2/3/4 alone. Repair ding/dent/nick and disassembly/reassembly job is extra.</p>