Which is the best drone camera you have used so far?

samantha_baker2

<p>Hello, my name is Sam and I have this problem. I am a photographer however; this is my first time to shot aerial shots. Few of my schoolmates told me that having a flying drone can help me take perfect aerial shots. But then, I am still undecided which one to buy. I am not familiar with these <a href="http://flying-drones.expert/video-drone/">drones</a>. Can someone give me reviews regarding the drones that are on the link as well as with <a href="http://uavcoach.com/drone-with-camera/">these drones</a> as well so we can compare it and I can decide which one to buy?<br>

Please let me know. Any input from you will be much appreciated. Thank you so much and have a great day, guys! I'm hoping for your responses.</p>

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

<p>Hi Sam,<br>

I think you would be the best person to know which drone is right for you since you know exactly what you'd like to do with the drone and what you are willing to pay for that drone. Having said this, I'd recommend staying with a brand that is solid. My preference is the DJI brand.<br>

If you haven't done so already, make a list of all the things you'd want to do with the camera drone, and prioritize them. Then search drones by brand and see what kind of drones they offer. Looks like you've done some research already, so you probably know which brands you can trust.<br>

Before you invest a lot of money on a camera drone, I'd also recommend getting a beginners drone with a camera so that you can learn the ins and outs of flying a camera drone. Here's a link to one such drone: https://usatoyz.com/collections/drones/products/u818a-wifi-fpv-drone-with-altitude-hold-and-hd-camera-black-bonus-vr-headset-power-bank<br>

I wish you the best!</p>

• 2 months later...
I haven't used one, but the Mavic Pro is on my short list. I saw two in use in Iceland, for aerial views at Geysir and on the south coast. They fold up to the size of a shoe, fly up to 40 mph or hover, for up to 30 minutes. The important thing is they're small enough to carry, even if the camera is limited to 12 MP stills or 4K video. A drone large enough to carry a GoPro, much less a compact camera, is likely to be left at home.
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The best aerial camera I have used so far is a sony NEX 6 mounted under a DJI F550. However with no gmbal, horizon was usually tilted. Not a practical set up.

The second best aerial camera I have used is came with my DJI Inspire 1 Pro. The camera is called the X5.

Having shot with SLR's then DSLR for a long time, I'm not super impressed with DJI's X5 camera because of color and exposure issues. Color casts and over saturated reds are so bad I'm forced to shoot DNG/JPG. Dynamic range also seems shallow. Highlights are often blown out.

DJI has a newer camera slung under the Inspire II, but from all I can tell image quality and color accuracy are still not on par with the big three camera makers.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...