Fuji X system: camera and lens click stops

<p>I've just bought the 90mm f2. What a superb lens it is!</p>

<p>Another joy is that the click stops on the aperture ring are positive. I have five other lens, used on an XT1. I've also had an XE2. Inadvertently moving rings on cameras and lenses, because of lack of good indent, seem a user hazard.</p>

<p>I spoke to a Fuji technician in the hope that they might be capable of adjusting, but not possible.</p>

<p>I've been having the internal argument between the 60mm and the 90mm. They're both great I know but its the reach issue. I'm wondering if the 90mm would be too much lens in general conditions. Any thoughts? Also, whatever one would be the first fixed lens along my XT-1 so far. I use the 18-55 to start.</p>

<p>Don, I don't have the 60mm, but it is next on my list, but for mainly macro use, although many people use it for more general purposes. The 90 obviously can be a bit long in some circumstances - that happened to me the other day, when I only had that with me - but it is a stunning performer. I used Nikon for 30 years, and I had nothing that bettered the 90mm Fuji. The 90 and 60 are really different lenses in terms of purpose - at least in my mind - but you are almost covering the 60 with your 18-55 unless you are looking for the macro performance.</p>

<p>I have the 18-55. It was my first lens, but it now rarely gets used, and I may part with it. Nothing wrong in performance terms, but it mostly seems that I have a prime on the camera. However, I may have to cover a christening shortly - our grandson's - and it may be that a short zoom would be most useful. Babies are not inclined to wait until you change lenses!</p>

<p>I also have the 55-200: I was using it yesterday. I feel that I really need to get it down to f8 for general use, but another winner!</p>

<p>Mervyn, Thanks, Good problems to have within the Fujinon lens lineup. I'm thinking the 60mm should go before the 90mm for my immediate purposes. The 90mm of course a stellar, practically a optically perfect devise, although it is the ability of macro flexibility I could make good use of short term. My 55mm micro Nikkor has always been at my side and compared to the 60mm Fuji, the Fuji does not have the full capability the the Nikkor does, but the 60mm Fuji does go far enough in macro mode. I"ve seen works from the 60mm and the results are stellar. Edge sharpness amazing, corner sharpness not as much as the 23mm 1.4 but close.</p>

• 5 weeks later...
Just received the 23mm f2, so I zigged verses zagged form my earlier remarks. The focal length is most useful and this lens is a sharp as anything I've seen. The aperture ring detents are fine and I'm pleased that they are in 3rd stop increments. I'm still on the fence over the 90mm and 60mm. What's throwing me around is the new 50mm f2 to be released at the end of this month. The 50mm f2 is equivalent to 76mm and is touted as a highly corrected lens utilizing an aspheric apochromatic element. While the 76mm equivalent doesn't have the reach I'm looking for as I have the 18-55 2.8-4 zoom. You've got to admit the price of the 50mm and its highly anticipated performance characteristic is a curiosity.